Buying a new heated jacket is exciting, but not knowing how to turn it on is frustrating! If you want your heated clothing to last longer, you shouldn’t overlook the tips in this article that will show you how to use heated jackets effectively.
You Might Also Like:
How to Turn on your Heated Jacket and Heated Vest?
Many heated jackets and vests are available on the market, each with its own functions and working methods. Nevertheless, the basic instructions for how to use a battery-heated jacket and vest remain the same.
Find the battery pocket inside the vest and connect your charged battery to the cable. Before closing the zipper, make sure that you’ve tightened it.
Press and hold the button on the chest of your vest for 3 seconds until you see the red light blinking slowly.
Within a few seconds, you can feel the warmth from your Sailwind® heated vest. There are three heat levels that you can choose from and adjust accordingly. Single press the button to switch heating levels between High, Medium, and Low. Different light colors indicate three distinct modes of heat.
To turn the vest off, hold the button for 3 seconds and disconnect it.
Three modes of temperature control
Whether indoors or outdoors, the great thing about Sailwind® heated jackets is that you can customize the heat levels to feel comfortable in any cold climate.
- High mode: A high mode is ideal for those sub-zero days and nights when the temperature is around -10 degrees Fahrenheit/-23 degrees Celsius.
- Medium mode: This is excellent for freezing days that dip below 15 degrees Fahrenheit/-9 degrees Celsius.
- Low mode: We recommend this mode for cold days, around 38 degrees Fahrenheit/3 degrees Celsius.
Saliwind® Heated Vest
4 Heating Zones:
4 heating zones in the core area of the body(neck, back, and abdomen).
3-Mode Temperature Control:
3 adjustable temperature modes (low level, medium level, and high level).
Battery Life for One Charge:
Quickly heated in seconds, can last for up to 9 hours of long-lasting warmth.
Other popular heated jackets’ user instructions
How to turn on Milwaukee heated jacket
Press and hold the M12™ Button or Pockets Button for 2 seconds to turn on. This lights up to show that the heated pockets are on the gang you can cycle through all the different heat settings. Keep it held down to turn it off. After the jacket is on, each press will change between High, Medium, and Low heat settings.
How to turn on Ororo heated jacket
- You’ll notice that the LED light will turn on. It will be red and blinking. This means that your gear is in PRE-HEAT mode.
- It will stay in this mode for around 5 minutes.
- Once it has pre-heated it will automatically switch to Medium heat mode (white LED light).
How to turn on the Gobi heat jacket
To turn on your battery jacket, simply hold the power button down for 3-5 seconds. The power button will display 1 orange bar at first (low), Pressing the button will let you adjust the heat level to 1 bar (low), 2 bars (medium), or 3 bars (high). To turn it off, simply hold the power button down for 3-5 seconds.
How to Use Heated Jackets for the Frist-time?
If this is the first time you use your heated vest and jacket, find out below a few things that you should be aware of to get the most out of your heated vest,
- The battery should be fully charged before the first use or after a long period of no use.
- Charge the batteries in your heated vest by connecting them to a supplied charger. When the red light is lit, the charging is ongoing.
- Charging the heated vest can take up to 4 hours, and the red light will turn off when it is done charging. The green light turns on to let you know it is ready to be worn.
- To get the most benefit from the product, we recommend you get acclimated with it before using it.
How To Take Care Of Heated Jackets Batteries?
The battery in your device may explode or be damaged if exposed to high temperatures, fire, or left unattended while charging. Please do not place the battery anywhere an open flame could reach it. Please keep out of high temperatures and do not dispose of this battery.
Remember to refrain from crushing or disassembling your heated gloves. Any broken components should be recycled legally and following local laws and regulations. Make sure anyone who uses the gloves isn’t directly around children or those who do not have heat-sensitive bodies. Here are detailed instructions to keep a battery safe.
Since batteries power the jackets, it’s worth noting these vital safety tips to protect yourself:
- Do not expose the battery to water, especially saltwater. This can cause a fire.
- Do not try to charge the battery if it has been damaged. Doing so may cause a fire or harm.
- Batteries should be stored at temperatures between 40 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To properly dispose of your battery, visit Call2Recycle for drop-off locations near you. Lithium-ion batteries contain elements that can be a health hazard if they are leaked into the groundwater supply, so you need to be careful when it comes to disposal methods.
How do you Charge for a Heated Jacket?
Typically, heated jackets are powered by batteries. So charge your battery and connect it to your heated jacket, then it’s good to protect you from cold temperatures again!
How long does it take to charge a heated jacket?
It is generally recommended that you charge your battery for about 2 to 3 hours to get the most battery life. Make sure not to leave it charging for an extended period—and never overnight. Our heated-down jackets with a 5v battery can charge in 120 minutes.
How do you know when a heated vest is fully charged?
Please charge the battery by connecting it to the supplied charger. When the white light is lit, charging is ongoing. Charging takes about 4 hours. When charging is complete, the four white light indicators turn on.
How to Clean a Heated Jacket?
Firstly, make sure that you empty the pockets on your clothing. Don’t forget that you can’t submerge your battery in water, so be sure to do this!
Put the connector cable inside the pocket and close it.
It is recommended that you place your heated clothing inside a mesh laundry bag. The clothing should be handled carefully because heated clothes are delicate.
If your washing machine has a setting for waterproof clothing, you should use it! If it doesn’t, use the delicates, silks, synthetics, or wool settings, which are often good and won’t be too intense. Use your washing machine on the cold/gentle setting. Do not dry clean. Do not use bleach.
It’s crucial that you dry your jacket on low heat since hot temperatures can cause damage. You can throw in some dryer balls to help bring back the nice fluff in your jacket. Be sure to pause the dryer cycle from time to time to check on your jacket and break up any clumps in the down material.
You can also air dry your heated jacket by laying it flat on a towel and pulling apart any clumps in the fabric. Turn it over periodically for faster drying.
Although we love our heated jackets, sometimes they can be overwhelming as well. How to turn them on? How do you wash them, take care of them, and charge the batteries? After reading this article, I hope we have all answers to these questions. Our jackets can bring you ultimate comfort in the cold winter. These essential instructions will help you make the most of our apparel.